Amenities on Campus:
- Wireless Access
- Florida International University is pleased to offer all International ACAC attendees complimentary Wi-Fi access campus-wide for the conference duration. Each registrant, whether staying on or off campus, will have access to the open Wi-Fi network for visitors to FIU. Select FIU_WiFi as the wireless network and accept the guest user agreement. Our FIU IT team is available for any questions or concerns during the conference via 305-348-2284. Please note that some campus/main conference areas have limited Wi-Fi access.
- Lactation Room
- Wellness and Recreation Center
- $6 daily guest passes are available for IACAC attendees. Guest passes can be purchased online via the WRC Guest Pass option. You must create an account as a non-FIU affiliate to access the online platform to purchase the guest pass.
- Safety and Security 24/7
- Florida International University Police Department (FIUPD)
- Hurricane Preparedness & Evacuation
Florida International University is committed to supporting accommodations for persons with disabilities who are studying, visiting and working at FIU. Accommodations for visitors are managed through the FIU Office of Civil Rights and Accessibility (CRCA). Anyone requesting accommodations must submit the request to email@example.com.
Gender Neutral Restrooms | Across Campus
FIU is committed to diversity and inclusion. As part of that commitment, FIU maintains a list of gender inclusive restrooms located throughout campus: View FIU Gender Inclusive Restrooms List
Lactation Room | Academic Health Center 2 (AHC 2) 454
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine offers a Lactation Room, located in Academic Health Center 2 (AHC 2) 454, to FIU students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
If you require the use of the lactation room, please contact the Office of Student Affairs Front Desk in AHC 2, Room 390 to retrieve the key. If you are visiting from outside of campus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-348-0633 at least 24 hours in advance to be granted access accordingly. The lactation room includes a small refrigerator, sink with soap and paper towels, table and counter, and two private sections with comfortable chairs and curtains to allow privacy for nursing mothers.
Prayer/Meditation/Quiet Room | Graham Center (GC) 316
This room, located on the third floor of the Graham Center, offers attendees a peaceful place to pray, meditate, or just sit away from the conference crowd.
As of July 26, 2019, FIU’s campus is smoke, vape and tobacco-free. Smoking cigarettes, tobacco products or e-cigarettes (vaping) is prohibited in all areas of the University campus.
FIU Alcoholic Beverages Policy | View Alcoholic Beverages Policy
Regulation FIU-2505 governs the responsible and permissible possession, service, sale, consumption, and distribution of alcohol at FIU including, but not limited to, University events, activities, property, facilities, and academic courses.
Emergency (on or off-campus): Call 911
FIU has a police department that provides a full range of services with very quick response times. If you are on campus, late in the evening, and feel you need an escort, please call FIUPD; they will get you one.
Campus Police Emergency Number:
- Urgent: 305-348-5911
- Non-urgent: 305-348-2626
Campus Emergency Phones: 7 Blue Light Towers and 144 Garage Emergency Phones throughout campus provide a direct link to Police should you require assistance.
Please review some safety Tips from FIU Police Department Chief of Police Alexander D. Casas.
In case of hurracaine activity:Hurricane Preparedness Guide from FIU Housing & Residential Life
In case of lighting activity: Weather App for Tracking Lightning Activity: My Lightning Tracker Pro
For medical needs: View Medical Resources